Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Breadcrumb Crusted Grilled Veggies

Tasty yet nutritious wholesome meal for lunch or dinner!


The worst phase of unhealthy eating is when you had guests over and you end up with a good portion of leftovers. In my case, the leftovers are always in the form of soft drinks and store bought chips. Well, why I am mentioning this is because I am munching crispy kukure when writing this blog! I tried not to but I had to :-)

Grilled Mixed Veggies & Shrimp with Bread Topping

Since morning I have been walking around with this bag of Kurkure, I had it by my side when working, when having my lunch and now when writing this blog! I have had my share of junk for today and hence thought of eating something healthy for dinner. 

I have always imagined, what if the world suddenly turns vegetarian? All those delicious seafood (I really do not care about meat) recipes I have treasured would go waste! As a kid I never fancied vegetables, but as and when I grew up, I started liking them but not to the extend to opt out seafood. So to ensure that we get our dose of vegetables, I experiment and this dish is the outcome of such a trail and error method.

Grilled Veggies

Ingredients

Cauliflower - 1 small (or 1/2 of a medium), cleaned and cut
Green beans - 1 bunch, cut in 1 inch pieces
Shrimps - 8-10, deveined and cooked (optional)
Onion - 1 small, chopped
Garlic - 6 cloves, chopped
Red chilies - 3, dried and chopped
Turmeric powder - 1 pinch
Garam masala - 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
Breadcrumb - 1/2 cup

Preparation

1. Crush together onions, garlic and chilies with no water. Keep it aside.

Cooking

2. Heat oil in a pan and roast the vegetables along with turmeric powder, salt and garam masala, until they are partially cooked. Take care to ensure the vegetables are still crunchy.
3. Mix in the cooked shrimps and saute for a couple of minutes.
3. Marinate the mix with crushed onion, garlic and chilly mix for about 15 min
3. Transfer the veggies and shrimp mix into a baking tray, top it with breadcrumbs and in medium grill, cook for about 14-15 min or until breadcrumbs is browned.

Serving

4. Serve hot as it is or as a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment