Pages

Friday 18 January 2013

Paratha Quesadillas With Egg Vegetable & Cheese

If only the quick healthy breakfast picks were endless or like as they show in the movie Spy Kids, I could have those tablets which when microwaved or baked turn into amazing dishes! Well, I will keep my hope alive because nothing is impossible with the kind of technology we have these days.

Winter is really getting on me and I find it very very hard to wake up in the morning, leave alone the cooking part. Every evening after my work I sit with my laptop browsing beautiful dishes and drooling at them but for some reason I really cant get myself to cook anything :-( What a sad state of affairs? I am totally bored of cheese toast (been my breakfast and lunch for past 3 days) and yesterday I somehow made up my mind to cook something different and nice for today's breakfast. (well I did not make it for breakfast but for dinner; that's another story)


Paratha Quesadilla


Aimless browsing can gift you with wonderful ideas and that led to to today's recipe. Although I started with frittata, I somehow bumped into quesadilla recipe (thanks to wrong tagging by someone). We both enjoy wraps of all kinds and have always wanted to try these at home but never got a chance. So the item was finalized and quesadilla it was. I had a pack of frozen paratha, which could be the wrap, and onions, carrot, tomatoes, eggs and cheese could make the filling (in fact I could not be choosy here, as it was already time to replenish the grocery).

I made the filling yesterday night so that morning I need not compromise with my sleep. Pradeep reached home late yesterday and that's when he told that he has to leave at 6 tomorrow - I was like no way you are getting breakfast! And hence I made it for dinner tonight.


Quesadilla with Egg Vegetable Filling


Filling enough for breakfast or light dinner, this dish has immense scope of experimentation or improvisation. I am sure each and every one of you will find your own way to spice it up!


Ingredients

Frozen parathas - 5 (you can even use leftover roti or naan, or can make it fresh if you wish to)
Onion - 1 large, chopped finely
Carrot - 1 small, chopped finely
Tomatoes - 1 large, chopped finely 
Green chilies - 2, chopped
Garam masala - 2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Eggs - 3 large, lightly beaten with a pinch of salt
Cheese spread - 5 tablespoon (1 tablespoon for each quesadilla)
Olive oil - 2 tablespoon
Salt to taste


Preparation

1. For the Filling : Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add the onions. Fry until transparent and add the carrots. Roast the vegetables by stir frying in the pan for a couple of minutes. 

2. Add the tomatoes and fry until mushy. Add turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well to combine. Keep aside.

3. In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add green chilies and the beaten eggs. Scramble the egg and when it is almost done, add the vegetables and mix well. Check salt and adjust seasoning. 

4. For Quesadilla: Heat up a pan, take one frozen paratha and prepare as per instructions. Once the paratha becomes nice and crispy, spread one tablespoon of cheese spread over it, add as much filling you may need in one half of the paratha, and fold it. Using a wooden spoon, press the paratha with care and turn it to cook the other side. Transfer to serving place.

5. Repeat the process with rest of the parathas and filling. This recipe should give you 5 such quesadillas.

6. Enjoy as it is or you can even further cut the paratha into half and serve it with white dipping sauce. If you cut it even smaller portions, these can be a great appetizer to serve! 








No comments:

Post a Comment