Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

Easy Fruit Pancake

Ways to use up excess milk - Way 1


Every once in a while I face this crisis of "how to use up excess milk"! With hubby not around there is a limit to how much I alone can consume. Yesterday I spend quite a lot of time researching for easy recipes and then it clicked me - why not pancakes! No extensive cooking, no fancy ingredients and you can make it in no time. To be frank, I am not a big fan of pancake however, this time it has turned out to be a savior. 

I also had some fruits lying in the fridge - papaya and grapes; I had to use them up too. So finally, I came up with this idea of fruit pancake for today's breakfast. This recipe easily uses about a 60 ml milk (well that itself is an achievement!) 




Ingredients

Flour - 1 cup
Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
Sugar - 1 1/2 tablespoon (or as per taste)
Salt - 1 teaspoon (or as per taste)
Egg - 1, beaten
Whole milk - 60 ml
Mixed fruits - 1 bowl, cut in to bite size pieces (I used grapes and papaya)

Preparation

1. Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl
2. Make a well in the center and add the beaten egg and milk. Mix well to combine. Leave aside for 10-15 minutes.

Cooking

4. Heat a pan in medium heat. 
5. Add the freshly cut fruits into the bowl and mix well.
6. Pour a spoon full of batter in the pan. Close with a lid and check back in a minute or two.
7. Flip over when the side is browned and cook for a few seconds. Transfer to a plate.
8. Repeat with the rest of the batter. This recipe will make 4 decent size pancakes.

Serving

9. Serve hot with your regular pancake syrup and enjoy biting into fruit pieces! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment