Pages

Saturday 15 December 2012

Pan Roasted Pearl Onions in Yogurt Sauce

For the love of pearl onions and the need of a perfect light side dish...

The other day I was frantically looking for some nice but light side dish to go with a Spanish Paella recipe that I had bookmarked. I went through a lot of salads, with or without dressings, stir fries and what not! All my research said that paella is good to be served as it is but I just wanted some side dish to go with it. Finally I bumped into a roasted quail recipe, which was served with a pearl onion sauce. I found it interesting, and thought should try something similar.



This is mild, with a dash of red wine flavor! 


Ingredients

Pearl onions - about 15-20 whole, peeled, cleaned
Garlic - 4 cloves, crushed
Green chilies - 2 medium, crushed (I wanted to use dried chilies but didn't have any in store)
Salt to taste
Sugar - 1 to 2 teaspoon (optional)
Red wine - a dash
Yogurt - 5 tablespoons, with no lumbs
Olive oil - 2 tablespoon

Cooking

1. Heat oil in a pan and roast the pearl onions in medium heat until they turn golden brown.
2. Add crushed garlic and green chilies, along with salt and saute for 1-2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle sugar over and add in a dash of red wine. Stir to combine.
4. Simmer, add yogurt and mix well so that it is well combined.

Serving

5. Sauce is ready and serve with food of your choice!

Improvisation Ideas

Next time I will replace green chilies with dried red chilies
I would also add in some fresh cream to make it more creamy!

No comments:

Post a Comment